About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Under general direction of the HR Business Partner in central Human Resources and functional supervision of the Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer, the Personnel Officer for Information Technology directs, manages, and oversees all human resources functions, including employee relations, training and development, and employee benefits. Serves as the primary resource for Information Technology regarding all matters relative to campus personnel policies and procedures, and acts as primary liaison with the Division of Human Resources and other campus administrative offices relating to personnel matters.
• Oversees the development of recruitment strategies, identifies ways to strengthen applicant pools, conducts reference checks, and manages the personnel requisition process. In consultation with the Vice Chancellor and Executive Financial Officer, manages hire offers and offer acceptance letters.
• Provides supervisory staff with guidance, mentoring and training to help department staff develop efficient and effective work processes. Identifies professional development opportunities and skill development needs for the organization and develops effective strategies and plans; facilitates and promotes team building, planning, communication required for professional growth of personnel.
• Counsel and advise supervisory staff on ways to identify, address, and facilitate solutions for routine employee issues. Serves as point person regarding staff inquiries or concerns about terms, privileges, benefits and conditions of employment.
• Monitors personnel actions in accordance with established campus policies, procedures, and guidelines. Manages and maintains tracking tools for monitoring personnel actions required of departments such as staff evaluations, and personnel activity such as leaves of absence. Ensures supervisory staff have the tools and information needed to establish performance goals, communicate work expectations, and conduct timely performance appraisals.
• Serves as Information Technology’s primary liaison to the campus Labor Relations Office. Has principal responsibility to manage compliance with collective bargaining provisions. Assists supervisory staff with conducting informal meetings to resolve grievances and employee complaints. Conducts investigations when needed.
• Establishes collaborative relationship with central Human Resources Office.
• Safeguards and maintains confidential personnel records and files maintained by Information Technology.
• Performs special projects and other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Ensures Information Technology adheres to University and federal/state regulations related to Human Resources. Maintains working knowledge of, and ensures adherence to University and federal/state regulations relating to collective bargaining agreements on campus.
• Understands responsibilities with respect to conflicts of interest and behaves in ways consistent both with law and with University policy.
• Contributes toward a positive and respectful workplace defined by personal and professional competence, integrity, and collaboration.
• Understands and contributes to implementation of departmental and institutional goals for achieving non-discrimination and creating a respectful, inclusive environment that is supportive of diversity.
• Uses access to sensitive and/or not yet public university related information only in the performance of responsibilities of position and exercises care to prevent unnecessary disclosure to others.
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
• Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field.
• 5 years of experience required as an HR Manager, Generalist or other related experience.
Master's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field. Human Resources professional certification such as SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or World at Work.
40 hrs. per week, Monday - Friday
Professional staff salary Administration-Program Position Level 28.
On campus applicants are defined as Amherst campus, non-student employees.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please apply on line and submit letter of application, resume, and the names, titles, and telephone number of at least three current references by November 14, 2018 for priority consideration; however, applications may be accepted until the positions are filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.