About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
This position will develop and implement procedures for ongoing website revisions for the College of Natural Sciences; collaborate with the design team in order to resolve usability issues; as well as provide Content Management System training and support.
Examples of duties:
- Develop and implement procedures for ongoing website revision
- Collaborate with development design teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues
- Maintain website style standards
- Provide Content Management System training and support
- Work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively to promote teamwork, diversity, equality and inclusiveness. In the performance of work, take initiative, be creative, and operate with self-direction. Work in partnership with colleagues within the CNS community and across the campus to support the Dean’s strategic priorities.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Excellent planning and web project management skills across multiple simultaneously developing platforms.
- Experience managing websites, social media, apps, mobile, etc. Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently to organize multiple tasks and set priorities for action, take initiative, be creative, and operate with self-direction in a fast-paced office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively and work productively in establishing and maintaining harmonious working relationships with a diverse population of staff and students.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to set and meet deadlines while maintaining high standards of accuracy and quality.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
Drupal web development
This is a temporary one year appointment.
Standard Business Hours
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references. Apply by January 8th, 2019 in order to ensure priority consideration. Search may remain open until a suitable candidate pool has been identified.
As part of a commitment to their own multicultural community, CNS seeks an individual with a commitment to diversity and one who will understand and embrace university initiatives and aspirations. https://www.cns.umass.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.