Business Systems Analyst
Job no: 496898
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: UITS-Application Mgmnt & Ops
Categories: Information Technology
Primary Work Location:
333 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA
Normal Work Schedule:
Standard: Monday –Friday 8:30a-5:00p (or alternative schedule approved by supervisor).
The Business Systems Analyst is primarily responsible for the support of the campus business operations through centrally administered software systems. The position requires a broad application of principles, theories and concepts of enterprise software and a working knowledge of related fields. The specialist participates in the development of functional specifications, delivers on project tasks, ensures the accuracy of application systems documentation and assists in the development of end user training.
- Primary support for Financial Applications (Accounts Payable, Travel and Expenses and Purchasing).
- Familiarity with business processes and procedures as they relate to area of concentration.
- Analyze and trouble shoot operational issues.
- Ability to create and execute test scenarios.
- Ensure system remains current and compliant through patches, fixes and enhancements.
- Work with management to improve operational standards and procedures.
- Closely collaborate with developers and technical teammates.
- Prepares program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications.
- Participates in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems and provide support.
- Performs ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs; identifies problems and develops appropriate solutions.
- Conducts or coordinates user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing; makes changes and corrections as needed.
- Collaborate with campus constituents to:
- Translate functional business requirements into design criteria.
- Prioritize work to meet campus expectations and deadlines.
- Integration with BuyWays (Sciquest/Jaegger procurement system) and Payroll.
- Student and Vendor Interfaces.
- Test Studio uploads.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with emphasis in information systems.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a business office or general Financial systems setting with demonstrated progressive experience in analyzing, enhancing and supporting departmental applications.
- 3-5 years of Financial Applications experience with deep functional skills in one or more areas. Experience with application processes, e.g. PeopleTools, XML Publisher, SQL, PeopleSoft Query and Advanced Excel (proficient in using complex formulas as well as macros and other advanced features).
- 1-3 years’ experience in project life cycle phases; analysis and design, testing, data conversion, change management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work well with people at many levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Experience utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills to achieve results. See outside of the box and persevere in troubleshooting the issues.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Experience with PeopleSoft Procure to Pay (purchasing, accounts payable) and Travel and Expenses modules.
- Experience with integration to third party systems as well as to PeopleSoft Payroll.
- Typical office environment.
- On call for the duration of one week every 5 weeks.
- This is a full time benefited position
- The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000
- No relocation assistance provided
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background and credit review.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend