Admissions Counselor - Two Positions Available
Job no: 496929
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Pay Grade: 28
Categories: Admissions and Enrollment, Professional Staff Union (PSU)
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for developing and/or implementing traditional recruitment activities to attract students to the University. The incumbent will manage a recruitment territory within Massachusetts; will represent the University at high school and college fairs; and will develop and maintain relationships with personnel at assigned high schools. The Admissions Counselor will also conduct interviews and provide enrollment counseling for prospective students; will review applications and render admission decisions for freshman and transfer applicants; and will also serve as a liaison to various on-and off-campus constituents.
Examples of Duties:
- Develop and/or implement recruitment activities to attract students to the university; conduct recruiting activities, which includes scheduling school visits, conducting interview and informational sessions, attending events and developing partnerships within the community;
- Manage a recruitment territory and represent the university at high school and college fairs;
- Conduct interviews and provide enrollment counseling for prospective students;
- Review applications and render admission decisions for freshmen and transfers applicants;
- Serve as liaison with various on and off-campus constituencies.
- Serve as agent on the office main telephone number queuing system
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree required. The incumbent will be required to work some evenings and/or weekends, as necessary. The incumbent is required to have and maintain throughout the duration of employment in this position a valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation to travel for off-campus events.
- Additional experience in admissions or higher education field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and/or understanding of college curriculum;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software applications and emerging technologies;
- Working knowledge of admission procedures, including educational documents and test scores;
- Ability to deliver services in an environment with an emphasis on customer service, both internally and externally;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimum supervision;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 7 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend