Job no: 497241
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Career Services
Pay Grade: P15
Categories: Career Services, Student Affairs & Services
General Summary of Position:
The mission of Career Services and Cooperative Education is to help students successfully transition from their academic pursuits to their career goals by promoting and facilitating career education, exploration of options and connections with employers.
The Co-op Coordinator promotes the value of co-op and supports students in gaining co-op experience and succeeding in the workplace. The Co-op Coordinator will work with students individually and in groups to prepare for, transition to and reflect upon their work experience. The Co-op Coordinator will liaison with assigned academic department. The Co-op Coordinator will engage current and prospective employers.
The Co-op Coordinator performs four primary job activities – student advising & teaching, employer engagement, academic relations, and program administration and operations
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 2 or more years of experience in education or related industry
- 2 or more years demonstrated experience in career development, experiential education, student development, employer relations and/or university relations
- Counseling or student advising
- Teaching or training
(Masters plus 1 or more years of experience can substitute for Bachelors plus 2 or more years of experience)
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Direct experience with cooperative education or a similar form of experiential education
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively in a team, as well as independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrated excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite and willingness to learn new programs and applications
- Demonstrated ability with career or co-op database management tools
- Candidate should be flexible to work evenings and occasional weekends, as needed
- Valid driver’s license for occasional local travel
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend