Postdoctoral Research Associate - Chemical Engineering
Job no: 497805
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Chemical Engineering
Pay Grade: PD
Categories: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Chemical Engineering
General Summary of Position:
The successful applicant will work on a project investigating the waste inhibitory metabolites of Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells, and improving productivity. The position will be a core staff of a federally funded project with a few industry collaborators, leading biopharmaceutical companies. The research will apply proteomics, transcriptomics, and metabolic flux analysis to investigate corresponding metabolic pathways and metabolites of industrial CHO cell lines.
The initial appointment will be for ONE year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD in Chemical, Biochemical, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, or related discipline
- The ideal candidate will have a background in mammalian cell culture, metabolic modeling, and mass spectrometry. At least 2 years of work experiences in these areas are required
- The candidate should also be comfortable working in a team of both academic and industry scientists. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential qualifications
- Prior grant writing experience desirable
- Experience in development of CHO cell based biotherapeutics, bioinformatics, Transcriptomics, Multivariate Statistics, HPLC
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for ONE year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend