Clerk IV (Marketing)
Job no: 498244
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Amherst
Department: Auxiliary Services
Pay Grade: 13
Categories: Food Service/Hospitality
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Assists in monitoring the online & offline brand presence of UMass Auxiliary Enterprises, including: Hotel UMass, UMass Dining (residential & retail), UMass Catering, University Club and Restaurant, UMass Events & Conference Services, and Sustainability. This includes planning and implementing marketing initiatives.
- Assists in planning, implementation and execution of Auxiliary Enterprises (AE) long and short term marketing strategies Utilizes public relations to promote programs aimed at increasing awareness about UMass Auxiliary Enterprises.
- Works closely with contracted graphic designers and printers to ensure that brand image & messaging is consistent with the goals of Auxiliary Enterprises and tracks jobs and deadlines.
- Develops agenda for meetings and sends attendees a recap as needed.
- Reviews student comments and concerns via Ambassador Forum and Dining App inquiries.
- Develops graphic design elements: flyers, posters, banners, patches, screens, etc.
- Utilizes market research, surveys and social media analytics to create metrics for social media reporting.
- Produces and updates AE websites and app.
- Develops email campaigns and blogs.
- Develops marketing strategies and assist in the planning and implementation of the annual Tastes of the World: Chef Culinary Conference.
- Produces various media including video, creative copy, photographs, and digital image manipulation.
- Assists in the coordination of the annual 5K Dash & Dine at UMass Amherst.
- Updates Digital Signage Boards as needed.
- Assists in the process to secure regional, national and international awards/grants and tracks deadlines.
- Coordinates and attends events outside of regular business hours with a goal of increasing UMass Dining exposure
- Supports all aspects of the social media efforts of the department
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Excellent team-building, relationship building, time management, decision making and networking skills.
- Skill in application of the principles and practices of effective supervision
- Knowledge of Canva, Animoto, Biteable, Adobe Suites (after effect, premier pro) and iMovie
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Proven experience in long-term vendor relationships
- Analytical and strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms and relevant technology
- Knowledge of graphic layout designs
- Experience supporting the development and execution of new market strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working with short deadlines, in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in organizing multiple simultaneous projects
Monday-Friday 40 hours, with flexibility to work outside of normal business hours (night, weekends and holidays).
Grade 13 Step 1
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend