Sr. Program Manager ERP
Job no: 500625
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: University Information Systems
Categories: Computer & Information Technology
The University Information Technology Services (UITS) department of the University of Massachusetts System Office is seeking an experienced, energetic, engaging and visionary leader who wants to become part of an exciting, vibrant community of information technology professionals supporting the institution's mission.
We are seeking a strong, visionary, highly organized Program Manager to support the transformation and modernization of the ERP application portfolio. The Program Manager will be responsible for organizing and coordinating programs and activities based on strategic goals and direction. She or he will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program and project proposals.
The ERP Program Manager reports to the Associate CIO for Application Services and is a key, strategic member of the UITS leadership team. This is both a strategic individual contributor role as well as a transformational leadership role, helping to develop strategic roadmaps as well as directly leading strategic initiatives such as an integrated admissions process, student portal capability, or re-design of other key user functions for improved experience and resiliency.
The Program Manager will combine a deep understanding of technology, applications, industry best practices, business processes and architectural patterns to drive business and IT transformation initiatives that meet our enterprise objectives. This individual is forward thinking and well-versed in emerging technologies and trends. Must possess the excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary to develop exceptional business and department partnerships and to articulate and drive the transformation of the application portfolio. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right experienced legacy ERP leader who wants to participate in and drive a conversion to a modern platform and an organizational transformation.
The ERP Program Manager will have broad access across many constituent groups. She or he will work closely with
- Line of Business leaders
- Shared Services Leadership
- Academic Leadership
- University CIO
- Campus CIOs
- Sponsors and Managers of business process reengineering, standardization or innovation initiatives
- UITS ACIO for Service Planning and delivery
- UITS Chief Architect
- ERP Vendors and Implementation Partners
The Program Manager, working closely with a broad group of stakeholders, will contribute to the development and implementation of a holistic postmodern ERP strategy that includes
- Integration with BPR and Shared Service initiatives
- Governance Processes
- Data Integration and Application Integration goals and strategies
- Refinements to procurement policy and practice
- Organizational and Culture change initiatives
The Program Manager will be directly responsible for;
- Acquisition Management – Vendor and Contract management
- Surveying user community to understand requirements and developing proposals for new projects and investment
- Development, coordination and monitoring of Program Plans and budgets
Other General Functions of the Program Manager:
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Developing and refining strategy with various constituent groups
Specific responsibilities and duties for the ERP modernization include, but are not limited to:
- Define and deliver a program plan for delivery of UITS Supported Application Systems
- Research next generation ERP (and related) products and vendors
- Work closely with existing UITS and campus staff to understand what has been implemented and the level of support provided
- Interview and survey campus constituents to understand emerging goals and requirements.
- Develop a roadmap for UITS application services to the campuses and UMASS System Office , including UITS supported applications and how they integrate with external systems and campus based systems
- Work closely with the other members of the senior management team to align the UITS Application Services plan and priorities with the technology, security, risk management and funding strategies of UITS
- Ensure that new and converted services are of high quality and the organization is ready and able to support them
- Participate in the refinement of IT strategic and operational governance processes of UMASS to meet the demands of next generation adoption and support
- Manage the acquisition process. Provide oversight during product evaluation, contract development, solution prototyping, and proof of concept activities
- Produce complete application architecture documentation including visuals and communication aids. Create contextual and conceptual models that help document and simplify potentially complex topics.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to leaders and business stakeholders in the development of the strategic portfolio
- Provide comprehensive analytical thinking to ensure transformation costs, impact and value are properly understood, estimated and controlled across people, process and technology.
- Provide Project Leadership for identified strategic and transformational projects
- Support the process of triaging new requests, understanding benefits and making recommendations for meeting the requirements
- Directly Lead selected transformational projects and supervising staff assigned to those projects
- Provide organizational leadership and organizational change management support for the transformation
- In partnership with other members of the Senior Management Team, develop strategies for skills refresh and talent development
- Define Strategies and Lead the organization through the adoption of new application platforms and the corresponding changes in roles, responsibilities, and service delivery
- Create a culture of customer service and promote UITS’s values across all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7 - 10 years of project and program management experience, 3 years in ERP applications.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in word processing, presentation software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required
- Demonstrated experience in customer and vendor relationship management
- Experience in large, complex transformational projects
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to tailor communications to the C-suite level.
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years in IT leadership, 5+ years in ERP
- Proven extraordinary leadership skills in a complex environment. A significant part of this job is to work with partners (IT and non-IT) at the campuses to build strong partnerships and discover the most important needs in a very distributed eco-system.
- Proven leadership for significant transformational projects
- Core experience in Higher Education Information Systems, including Student Information Systems
- Experience developing strong productive partnerships and client relationships both informally and through formal IT Governance processes
- Direct experience in converting ERP systems
- Experience in traditional ERP platforms (such as PeopleSoft) and next generation software as a service ERP platforms
- Excellent communication, negotiation and mentorship skills
- Must have a great sense of passion and urgency to drive organizational and cultural change
- CRM Experience
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Two possible primary work locations are Shrewsbury, MA and Boston, MA. Travel to all campuses will be required and significant.
- Typical office environment.
- This role may occasionally require working at times during evenings and weekends to support the needs of the department and System Chief Information Officer.
Salary Range: $125,000.00 - $140,000.00
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend