Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management
Job no: 500626
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Chancellor's Office
Categories: Admissions and Enrollment, Executive, Executive Positions
The Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management (VCEM) is the chief enrollment officer for the university, and reports directly to the Chancellor with a dotted line to the Deputy Chancellor. The VCEM is responsible for developing and implementing an enrollment management strategy that supports the university’s enrollment objectives and attracts a diverse student body. The VCEM will establish strategic direction, priorities and leadership for functional areas including Undergraduate Admissions, Financial Aid Services, The One Stop, Merit Scholarships, Veteran Affairs, and Enrollment Information Technology Systems. The VCEM also will play a leadership role in supporting enrollment management marketing needs. The VCEM works collaboratively with the executive leadership team and many divisions and departments across campus to advance the university’s goals and mission. In addition to new student recruitment, the VCEM aligns the division’s work, policies and strategies to support continuing student enrollment and student success initiatives.
Examples of Duties:
- Oversee the creation and execution of a comprehensive recruitment plan to attract first year and transfer students which is inclusive and complements the university’s culture.
- Develop short and long term enrollment goals in coordination with units across campus including academic affairs and administration and finance.
- Monitor trends, utilize data and employ best practices to inform enrollment and recruitment strategies and shape policy decisions.
- Optimize the use of available state, federal and institutional aid in the recruitment and retention of students while ensuring campus compliance with federal and state agencies.
- Advocate and implement appropriate technological resources to enhance the work of the division in collaboration and with the support of campus and system IT offices.
- Cultivate partnership opportunities to reach international recruitment markets
- Provide leadership, professional development opportunities and support to the enrollment management team.
- Coordinate enrollment marketing campaigns and initiatives in collaboration with university communications to establish a strong brand and market presence.
- Foster a smooth transition for new students joining the university community through collaborative effort with New Student Programs, Housing and Academic Advising.
- Contribute to the campus’ focus on improved student success through recruitment of new students, efforts to support and retain existing students, and strong collaboration with other University divisions.
Advanced degree and 10 years of progressively responsible experience in higher education enrollment management, including admissions, enrollment and financial aid required. Demonstrated success in supervision of staff and budget-management required.
- Experience in marketing/branding/messaging and/or institutional research strongly preferred;
- PhD/EdD in a relevant field desirable;
- Deep commitment to the University’s mission and values;
- Demonstrated knowledge of student development or retention theory and the ability to apply this theory to practice;
- Demonstrated knowledge of student information systems and ability to analyze system requirements and data;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with senior administrators, deans, faculty, student services and student life professionals, and other key constituents;
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams;
- Strong leadership and team-building skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability;
- Strong organizational, managerial and interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Please apply online with your resume and cover letter.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
This is a non-union position.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend