Faculty Part-time - Biomedical & Nutritional Sciences
Job no: 501424
Work type: Faculty Part Time/Adjunct
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Biomed & Nutritional Sciences
Categories: Adjunct Faculty, Biomedical and Nutritional Sciences
General Summary of Position:
The Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is searching for part-time Adjunct Instructors to teach in its undergraduate and graduate Applied Biomedical Sciences programs which include: Medical/Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Nutritional Sciences, and Pharmaceutical Sciences disciplines. There are a variety of applied biomedical sciences topics with potential teaching opportunities in both lecture and laboratory settings. Courses include: Anatomy & Physiology, Physiological (GOB) Chemistry, Organic Structures & Reactions, Basic Clinical Microbiology & Pathology, OMICS: Essentials & Applications, Clinical Molecular & Cell Biology, Medical & Clinical Genetics, Basic Pharmaceutics, Principles of Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Biomarker Discovery & Applications. Online course development and teaching opportunities are also possible. Candidates will become an integral part of the program, working in collaboration with lead instructors. Teaching opportunities will vary by semester, with opportunities beginning in the fall of 2019.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant science field for lower-division undergraduate laboratory courses (Anatomy & Physiology, Physiological (GOB) Chemistry, Organic Structures & Reactions, Basic Clinical Microbiology & Pathology). Graduate students are encouraged to apply for teaching at this level.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in a relevant science field with demonstrated relevant work in an applied biomedical sciences environment for all upper-division undergraduate or graduate-level laboratory courses
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in a relevant science field with demonstrated relevant work in an applied biomedical sciences environment for all lecture courses is required. Doctorate degrees in a relevant science field are preferred for these courses.
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Candidates with qualifications to teach in more than one area or program will be given priority, as well as faculty with online course development and teaching experience.
- Successful candidates should also have a strong desire to teach a diverse population of students, and previous teaching experience at the university/college level is highly desirable
Special instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
**This will continue to be an ongoing posting to develop a pool of qualified adjunct faculty for openings as they arise. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include with your application the following required documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of previous teaching experiences (in person and online)
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
- Teaching Philosophy
- Teaching Evaluations
- Evidence of Teaching
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend