Business Service Center Coordinator
Job no: 501428
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Dartmouth
Department: UMASS Pass
Categories: Other Staff Positions
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Business Service Coordinator
DIVISION: Administration & Finance
DEPARTMENT: Administrative Services
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU
EEO STATUS: 33
JOB CODE: 5000
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Asst. Dir. of Operations
SUPERVISES: Administrative Assistant I & EDP Entry Operator III
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $https://www.umassd.edu/media/umassdartmouth/human-resources/policieslawsunion-contracts/ESU-Salary-Range-2018-2019.pdf
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The primary responsibility is to oversee the operational and financial functions of the Business Service Center, which includes Parking, Transportation, and One Card. The Business Service Coordinator manages the day-today operational functions of the Business Service Center and serves as the key-decision maker within this operation. This role will ensure consistent and effective development of services to our students. The position will have operational supervision over the professional and student staff, and will manage and support all business and service functions within the operation. This position will oversee the financial and operational components of the Business Service Center. Additional job duties include facilitating communication, training and partnering with other Auxiliary Services areas.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Business Service Center services pertaining to Access, One Card, Parking and Transportation.
- Manage such programs as Campus Parking Decals, One Card Pass issuance and replacement, Parking Tickets, Transportation programs, Fleet Services, Building Access, UMDollars.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing a comprehensive filing system with documentation of sales, transactions, inventory, vouchering through reports and tracking logs.
- Monitors the process of monetary transactions, deposits, billing and refunds within area of responsibility.
- Coordinates with staff to ensure all refund requests for One Card & Parking funds when students withdraw, transfer or graduate are verified with the Bursar, recorded and processed through the Budget Office.
- Oversees the management of processing of invoices, chargebacks, and reallocation of funds as it pertains to areas of responsibility.
- Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual transactions within area of responsibility.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information for Business Service Center and Transportation, provides reports on financial transactions such as vouchers, inventory equipment; cash, checks, credit card receipts, safe funds (daily, weekly, monthly annually or by semester when needed).
- Manages the reconciliation process for third party vendor statements (Bank of America, Off Campus Advantage, ComPlus, Cyber Source as well as Vending commission statements) Reconciles and processes third party vendor statements.
- Acts as a contributor with Marketing team with web updates, email communications, and social media content.
- Serves as the primary contact as it pertains to services provided with the Business Service Center (this will include working with the following departments: CITS, Residential Life, Facilities and UMass Dartmouth Police).
- Works with the various departments as it pertains to student services through Simplicity/ Accommodate, Star Res, Odyssey, Lennel.
- Prepares and reconciles all Operations billings for Transportation services.
- Collaborate with CITS as it pertains to the maintenance process of hardware and software for the Business Service Center, act as the data custodian for the Business Service Center.
- Participate in special projects for the Department as needed throughout the academic year.
- Attend professional staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: 1 - 3 years of experience in customer service management, financial operations, or other related fields.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to provide exceptional level of customer service and maintain a high profile in the day to day front office operations, act as the decision-maker as it pertains to areas of operation and solve complex issues
- Must exercise confidentiality in following University standards.
- Ability to supervise employees and student workers.
- Ability keep organized and accurate financial and personnel records
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent discretion.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Previous experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of business practices within an institution of higher education.
- Knowledge of software systems as utilized in an institution of higher education.
- Master’s degree.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNALS to apply is August 19, 2019.
The review of applications will begin August 20,2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend