Statewide Coaching System Manager
Job no: 503066
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Institute for Early Education
Pay Grade: 35
Categories: Professional Staff Union (PSU), Program Administration
The StrongStart Statewide Coaching System Manager will support the design, development, testing, and implementation of the StrongStart Program Coaching Model through the StrongStart Training and Technical Assistance grant. The StrongStart Statewide Coaching System Manager will supervise the Lead Coaches/Coaching Managers at each regional StrongStart Professional Development Center across the state.
Examples of Duties:
- Support the design, development, testing, and the implementation of the StrongStart Program Coaching Model;
- Build capacity of PDCs to implement new coaching systems;
- Provide supervision for Lead Coaches/Coaching Managers in all regions;
- Work with Grant Coordinator to establish strong communication with EEC licensors in the establishment of clear criteria for which programs will receive priority for coaching; the intensity and duration of these supports; and the program readiness for engagement with technical assistance;
- Work with the Pyramid Model Consortium staff to build regional capacity to train coaches across the state on the implementation of Pyramid Model;
- Work with Grant Coordinator to establish a set of criteria with which to assess and support coaches and other professional development facilitators, so as to ensure consistency in the quality of T/TA that is delivered;
- Coordinate all aspects of coaching, coach training, and coach professional development. This will include outreach and recruitment, collaboration with PDCs to implement a professional development needs assessment, client-oriented services, support to programs and providers, and accurate and timely collection and management of all related program data;
- Evaluate coaching services across PDCs at least twice a year using criteria established in coordination with Grant Coordinators and EEC.;
- Establish specific targets in regards to coaching benchmarks, monitor progress, and plan for continuous improvements in the coaching system to ensure it achieves desired impact;
- Provide and coordinate training and technical assistance to Regional Coach Supervisors to support use of the centralized online coaching data system;
- Support the development of a StrongStart Coaching Manual and Toolkit, which will include materials on such topics as EEC's Core Knowledge and Competencies, Career Pathways, the alignment of coaching with ECE licensing regulations and MA QRIS standards, ERS, APT, and CLASS, protocols for program assessment and goal setting CQI and Early Ed Essentials framework and protocols, and materials related to Shared Services;
- Plan and implement annual StrongStart Coaching Institute training series
Master’s Degree and a minimum of 10 or more (10+) years of experience in early childhood education. Experience in administration and/or leadership is preferred.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
This is a grant-funded position currently expected to extend through June 30, 2022, subject to ongoing funding approval and business needs. There is a possibility of extension beyond June 30, 2022, contingent on the availability of funding and operational needs.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend