Statewide Grant Manager
Job no: 503069
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Institute for Early Education
Pay Grade: 35
Categories: Professional Staff Union (PSU), Program Administration
The Statewide Grant Coordinator (Deputy Director) provides day-to-day management, leadership and coordination for all aspects of the Strongstart Training and Technical Assistance grant, including grant compliance, monitoring and reporting, maintaining communication with the funder, and supervision of the Coaching System Manager, Training and Technical Assistance Manager, Statewide Professional Development Center Manager, Fiscal Manager, and Assistant Coordinator.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide day-to-day management. leadership, and coordination for all aspects of the StrongStart Training and Technical Assistance (SSTTA) Center; report directly to the SSTTA Director/Executive Director of the Institute for Early Education Leadership and Innovation;
- Responsible for ongoing implementation of all grant requirements and compliance, all deliverables, including monitoring & reporting; Supervise professional staff and graduate assistants; plan and implement regular SSTTA team meetings;
- Collaborate with Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) and center/department faculty on all grant-related activities, including grant preparation, submission, account setting, implementation and monitoring; serve as main point of contact for all new grant accounts and post-award issues; oversee and edit grant database and maintain financial and personnel records as per sponsor regulations;
- Responsible for communication with the MA Department of Early Education and Care (EEC), Professional development (PD) managers across the state and all key external stakeholders;
- Oversee a service delivery implementation strategy that leverages diverse modes of communication, a centralized calendar, and well-defined benchmarks to ensure that all stakeholders understand what services are available to them and what is expected of them;
- Ensure smooth transition from current statewide service delivery model to the new statewide service delivery model;
- Convene regional Professional Development Centers (PDCs) to establish maintain a shared vision and collective understanding of statewide approaches and responsibilities;
- Collaborate with EEC to create infrastructure for the provision of tiered supports, including the establishment of criteria for determining: which programs and/or educators will receive priority for advising, consultation, participation in professional learning communities, or coaching; the intensity and duration of these supports; and the program readiness for engagement with technical assistance;
- Work with UMass Donahue Institute to coordinate data collection using statewide surveys, regional reports, and program-level assessments. Use the data collected to drive universal and targeted supports; support management team and PDCs in use of data;
- Work with Fiscal and Evaluation Manager to utilize the data generated from the Midyear and Annual Programmatic Reports as a needs assessment of the overall StrongStart T/TA program;
- Oversee the development of standards to support the quality of service provision;
- Coordinate the development of statewide training institutes to build regional and statewide capacity of T/TA providers to deliver consistent services in accordance with quality standards.
Post Masters certificate/Advanced graduate education in ECE and a minimum of more than 10 (10+) years of experience in grant and budget preparation and management in an academic and/or research setting required. Extensive experience in developing and designing spreadsheets required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated accounting systems preferred.
- Experience with federal grant proposal development and federal grant administration policies preferred.
- Knowledge of university administrative procedures preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various administrative software applications and programs, including Microsoft Office;
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously and balance priorities;
- Ability to manage complex tasks under time constraints, while maintaining strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team capacity with a broad range of staff to accomplish departmental, program and university goals;
- Ability to successfully contribute to the smooth operations and efficient financial management of the college;
- Ability to approach the position in a results-oriented sense of responsibility, collegiality, and collaboration;
- Ability to respond tactfully and professionally to the needs of the college;
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and to respond efficiently and effectively to new, last minute and/or revised requests;
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight timeframes and deadlines;
- Ability to use independent judgment, work with discretion and be entrusted with confidential information;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the capacity to work cooperatively with a wide range of individuals;
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
This is a grant-funded position currently expected to extend through June 30, 2022, subject to ongoing funding approval and business needs. There is a possibility of extension beyond June 30, 2022, contingent on the availability of funding and operational needs.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend