Massachusetts Region 6 Professional Development Center Lead Coach & Coaching Manager
Job no: 503075
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Institute for Early Education
Pay Grade: 33
Categories: Professional Staff Union (PSU), Program Administration
The Massachusetts Region 6 Professional Development Center Lead Coach/Coaching Manager will be responsible for overseeing the planning and delivery of coaching services, including the supervision of coaches, in EEC region 6.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervise coaches in the Region 6 Professional Development Center (PDC);
- Oversee coaching planning and delivery for Region 6; this will include outreach and recruitment, implement the new coaching mode;
- Utilize a cycle of program assessment, goal-setting, observation, implementation, feedback, and reflection to build the capacity of program leaders to improve classroom teaching and program quality;
- Meet with all regional coaches monthly for supervision and evaluation of the progress of programs;
- Evaluate the performance of all regional coaches on an annual basis, providing oral and written feedback to coaches in order to support their continued growth and development;
- Train coaches in the use of the Licensing Checklist;
- Ensure that all coaching content is aligned with the EEC Core Competencies for educator professional development, with the intent to support the ability of ECE/OST educators to deliver high quality, developmentally appropriate educational services and to attain their professional goals;
- Develop a needs assessment to identify professional development opportunities internally within the PDC and externally within our region;
- Devise systems to ensure accurate and timely collection and management of all related program data;
- Serve as the primary contact at PDC, providing client-oriented service and supporting programs and providers as needed; Collaborate with PDC Coordinator and PDC Training Specialist to ensure high-quality program delivery;
- Conduct outreach and maintain public relations within the community;
- Lead a recruitment strategy to attract and retain participants and organizations in our programs.
Post Masters certificate/Advanced graduate education in ECE and a minimum of more than 10 (10+) years of experience in early childhood education.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
This is a grant-funded position currently expected to extend through June 30, 2022, subject to ongoing funding approval and business needs. There is a possibility of extension beyond June 30, 2022, contingent on the availability of funding and operational needs.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend