Massachusetts Region 6 Professional Development Coordinator
Job no: 503076
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Institute for Early Education
Pay Grade: 34
Categories: Professional Staff Union (PSU), Program Administration
The Massachusetts Region 6 Professional Development Coordinator will supervise and oversee all aspects of the Region 6 StrongStart Professional Development Center, including the scheduling and delivery of services, maintenance of quality professional development, communication to the field about professional development and coaching offered in Region 6, and reporting on grant services.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervise Region 6 PDC staff and graduate student assistants;
- Oversee all aspects of service delivery and the monitoring and reporting of services;
- Review and monitor the quality of trainings;
- Devise a public relations strategy to publicize program offerings to community members and regional organizations while overseeing the planning of regional conferences, professional learning communities, and training events, including coordinating space, purchasing supplies, conducting marketing and outreach, and coordinating electronic registration;
- Work with Statewide PDC Manager to establish a complete annual calendar of required and priority trainings in each region, to be distributed to all ECE/OST programs;
- Ensure that all trainings offered by the PDC are in alignment with the Massachusetts QRIS standards, ECE licensing needs, and newly defined educator core knowledge and competencies;
- Produce customized, on-demand reports that focus on needs assessment data. PDC staff will generate these findings quarterly and use them to make decisions about regional training and technical assistance delivery;
- Work with PDC Coordinators and transition team to follow a protocol for consistent, ongoing communication about StrongStart T/TA services with all EEC-licensed ECE/OST providers across the state;
- Monitor and report on all grant services, ensure that program deliverables are met with high quality and in a timely manner, supervise program staff, and attend all meetings on behalf of the PDC;
- Work with UMB StrongStart Team to develop content for regional conferences, professional learning communities, and training events;
- Implement an effective governance and administrative structure for the PDC, develop partnerships, and expand outreach, and ensure that subcontractors adhere to the grant requirements.
Post Masters certificate/Advanced graduate education in ECE and five to seven (5-7) years of experience in Early Childhood Education.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
This is a grant-funded position currently expected to extend through June 30, 2022, subject to ongoing funding approval and business needs. There is a possibility of extension beyond June 30, 2022, contingent on the availability of funding and operational needs.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend