About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Flagship 360 is an enterprise wide, multi-year CRM project that is central to Marketing and New Business Development (MNBD) and Online Education’s strategic goal to increase online enrollment. The Flagship 360 Project Manager plays a critical role in delivering this complex project on time and on schedule. This position must manage the successful completion of numerous integrated projects by making appropriate expense to budget decisions, reviewing weekly deliverables and project schedules, and implementing corrective actions along the path to each project’s completion. The ideal candidate must have strong collaboration, leadership and communications skills to work on a close-knit team and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Aids the Director of CRM on all aspects of project development, including but not limited to communications with multiple partners across campus.
- Work closely with University IT project management on all aspects of the Flagship 360 roll out, including leading weekly status meetings that track all outstanding tasks related to this project.
- Document and update meeting notes and next steps effectively.
- Collaborate with partners directly involved with Flagship 360, such as communicators, business analysts, website managers or systems administrators within different schools, colleges & units as appropriate.
- Assists the CRM and IT teams in developing email campaigns and student journeys to ensure consistency in university-approved branding and ADA web compliance.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- 5 years experience working in project management within IT or marketing and communications.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience successfully managing cross functional technical projects, such as large scale website implementations.
- Experience working with email marketing and/or CRM systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; follow through on tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize goals and formulate independent decisions regarding procedures and operations.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Understanding of Salesforce and Marketing Cloud and familiarity with the wider Salesforce ecosystem.
- Experience with project management platforms such as Wrike, Confluence, JIRA, Airtable or similar.
- Prior experience working in a large public research university.
40 hours per week
$35.00 per hour
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.