General Summary of Position:
The Program Coordinator is a full-time, 12-month position, reporting to the Director of Student Activities & Leadership to support a comprehensive Student Activities & Leadership program.
The primary responsibilities of the Program Coordinator pertain to the enrichment of the co-curricular experience of the University community, including the management of event reservation requests, ensuring compliance with University policies, supervision of student staff, and daily office operations. Other responsibilities include serving as an advisor to clubs and organizations, scheduling space in University Crossing, report generation and assessment of data from event software.
Position responsibilities include:
1. Manage event reservation requests in Engage and 25Live. Coordinate all details and communications in relation to the execution of event reservations. Collaborate with Hospitality and Event Services, facilities, University Dining, University Crossing operations, and other campus departments.
2. Support over 250 student organizations to maintain their compliance with University and student government policy in all areas of program planning, fiscal responsibility, and operational procedures.
3. Manage the hiring, training, contract management, and supervision of student support staff for the Student Engagement Suite. Facilitate office and departmental communications, in order to provide excellent customer service.
4. Oversee onboarding of all new student clubs and organizations, in conjunction with Student Government Association.
5. Assist in management of multiple software databases including Salesforce, Engage, and 25live. Includes but not limited to data analytics, club registration, and event management.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Two-three years of experience with Student Activities, Event Planning, Operations, and/or Student Unions on a college campus
- Proven experience in event management and event execution
- Supervision of student employees and fiscal management
- Proven experience in student advising, and collaboration with campus partners
- Knowledge and experience working with Student Information System (SIS), Organization database software, online scheduling software, and Microsoft office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience working effectively with diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively diverse constituents including but not limited to students, faculty, staff, administrators, and community agencies
- Ability to provide consistently excellent customer service in a fast paced environment that is courteous, accurate, timely and efficient
- Demonstrated competency in office computer applications, email, spreadsheets, word processing, database and enterprise software
- Knowledge and experience with social media, marketing, and website development
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information and maintain
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.