Researcher (Postdoctoral) (Temporary) – Mechanical Engineering – Modeling and Simulation of Solid Oxide Cells
Job no: 506056
Work type: Staff Part Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Categories: Research, Laboratory & Research
General Summary of Position:
The successful candidate will use mulitscale and multiphysics model and experiment coupling method to explore fundamental transport and kinetic mechanisms of mixed conducting membranes, electrochemical/mechanical coupling of multilayer assembly operating under various chemical potential gradient. The specific application includes fuel cells, electrolysis cells, MIEC membrane reactors.
Conduct SOFC related research under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI). Specifically, it includes:
- Formulating the computational models of solid oxide cells and batteries in different length scales.
- Designing, developing, and validating computational tools.
- Designing and performing computational simulations, evaluating and analyzing results, and deriving an understanding of underlying phenomena.
- Prepare status reports and deliverables in collaboration with and under the direction of the PI, on time and to the highest standard.
- Assist the supervisor in writing scholarly articles and research proposals
- The successful candidate will be expected to assist in the preparation of graphics and text for articles and proposals (including data interpretation and analysis, plotting, graphical design).
- The successful candidate will be expected to publish at least 2 articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Attend Meetings related to the research projects
- Conduct weekly group meeting between PI, Post-Docs, and students.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Ph.D. in Engineering or related area
- MATLAB, Fortran, Python, OPENFOAM, AspenPlus, FEM package, such as COMSOL, ANSYS
- Numerical methods for PDEs; computer programming; scientific and interpersonal communication (individual and group meetings, presentations, written reports, journal publications, etc.)
- Should demonstrate a minimum number of at least 2 publications in the field
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, as well as within a team environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding and is a part-time, temporary, non-benefited, non-unit position. The initial appointment will be temporary not to exceed 12 months with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.