About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The CRM Manager provides digital marketing support (project management, data reporting, ad hoc training & sending messages) for online programs and strategic communications across UMass Amherst. Reporting to the Director of CRM, the CRM Manager works largely within the University’s CRM, Flagship 360 (Salesforce and Marketing Cloud) to support initiatives of key stakeholders. From working on constituent journey strategies, to collecting and analyzing data to support users of Flagship360 in their respective learning communities, the CRM Manager works to ensure that all Flagship360 related projects are best-in-class and produce the desired results.
- Collaborates with Flagship360 Marcom & IT team to ensure campus-wide consistency, effectiveness, and quality across all projects associated with relationship management. Works cross-functionally to ensure groups of Flagship360 users across campus have the appropriate information and resources. Ensures all project team members have visibility into the work pipeline. Engages and manages relationships with external vendors/contractors to support and augment projects as necessary.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to whom all questions/issues/concerns about the project should be referred. Acts as a conduit for client and team leaders to clearly communicate expectations and provide and establish a clear set of project goals. Maintains strong relationships and communicates regularly with clients. Actively monitors client satisfaction. Provides status reports to client defining project progress, changes, problems, and solutions. Resolves any issues and solves problems throughout the project life cycle. Acts decisively in critical situations or to circumvent a potential problem.
- Maintains accountability for project results. Utilizes project management systems such as Confluence, Jira and Wrike to routinely assessing process for maximum efficiency. Ensures project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team and documented appropriately. Maintains and tracks communications performance metrics (such as open rates, and frequency of messaging to certain audiences) over time to share with learning communities. Ensures all project documents are safely archived following project completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 plus years with project management tools and/or software packages.
- 3 plus years of working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with assigned clients.
- Excellent communications, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- 1 plus years working with an enterprise CRM such as Salesforce and Marketing Cloud.
- 1 plus years creating reports based on metrics and analysis.
PSU Level: 27
PSU Salary Ranges
Special Instructions to Applicants
Along with your application, please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references by May 24, 2021 to ensure priority consideration. The position may remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.