Assistant Director of Student Affairs Financial Administration
Job no: 508817
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Student Affairs
Pay Grade: P16
Categories: Student Affairs & Services
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Director of Student Affairs Financial Administration will perform a wide variety of administrative and financial tasks and responsibilities. This individual will exercise independent judgment and act on behalf of the Director of Student Affairs Financial Administration in representing the best interest of the Division of Student Affairs and Student Activities.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the administration of Student Engagement accounts including all Student Activities and Multicultural student cubs and organizations. This includes the management of requisitions and purchase orders in accordance with state and university guidelines. Assists in monitoring quality of purchasing process, pricing accuracy, purchase orders, and check/payment requests. Verifies purchase requests accuracy, completion, and approvals prior to forwarding to Procurement.
- Prepare and process necessary financial documentation to efficiently process high-volume of payments, receipts and expenditures for all Student Activity accounts while keeping within the annual budget and in accordance with University policy and procedures. Monthly budget reviews with Director of Student Activities and program advisors. Track and report all phases of budgets within Student Activities to the Director of Student Affairs on a monthly basis.
- Management of procurement cards associated with all Student Activities and Student Club/Org accounts, including tracking and monitoring of Student Group ProCard lending system, reconciliation, appropriate reallocation charges related to student groups.
- Facilitate and coordinate Student Clubs and Orgs group travel through the University preferred online travel agencies to ensure all University and Commonwealth policies and procedures are met, and all related reimbursements processed effectively.
- Management and set-up of Student Clubs and Organization Event Sales through third party online credit card payment system. Monitoring and verification of these collections into the University's financial system. Oversee preparation of accurate and timely deposits in all Student Clubs & Org fundraising collections efforts.
- Serve as resource and trainer to staff within the Division of Student Affairs as well as Student Group leaders in areas related to procurement systems, procurement policies and internal controls.
- Responsible for tracking and generating billing for Summer Meal programs to departments within the University as well as external clients.
- Assist in semi-annual audits of cash management and internal controls for collection areas within Division Campus Recreation, Health Services, Student Affairs office, and Hospitality & Event Services.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in basic accounting and procurement
- Professional experience in accounting, budgetary control, long range planning, billing and collection, payable and receivables
- Proven knowledge and ability to use Excel, and Microsoft Office Suite, budget and financial management software, P.O.S. software applications and online third-party credit card system
- Written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with professional, clerical, maintenance, student, and contracted personnel
- Knowledge and ability to utilize University technical systems and PC programs to monitor and administer budgetary responsibilities
- Ability to plan, organize and complete assigned responsibilities in an efficient and thorough manner
- Familiarity with State purchasing, RFP, and contract services
- Ability to prepare reports and maintain accurate records of all budget related materials
- Proven ability and experience in budget management and auditing
- Previous higher education administration experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P16.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.