Program Assistant/Data Coordinator
Job no: 509148
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: VP- Acad Suppt Services
Pay Grade: 28
Categories: Professional Staff Union (PSU)
Reporting to the Director of Pathways and Multicultural Programming, the Assistant Director serves as a member of the Pathways and Multicultural Programs team and collaborates with colleagues to design, implement and assess high-impact, culturally sustaining and evidence-based programs and services that support students in achieving academic, career and personal goals.
The Program Assistant will assist the Director, the Assistant Director, and Program Coordinator of Pathways and Multicultural Programs in the overall planning and implementation of the Multilingual/DSP programs. S/he will assist in coordinating program participant data for the purpose of reporting and program evaluation and will provide support for staff training and program activities.
Examples of Duties:
- Maintain student records for all Multilingual and DSP students, following FERPA requirements, and ensure integrity of the data at all times;
- Work with the Director to streamline data management practices and processes in order to operationalize efficiency;
- Assist the Director, Assistant Director, and Academic Coordinator in managing program-related materials, including but not limited to: class schedules, rosters, and attendance records, and student and course evaluations; maintain an up-to-date database to generate semester and/or yearly reports.
- Assist in processing new student and transfer student applications;
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director in coordinating program-related marketing through the university’s Enrollment Management office; update and manage social media platforms for the programs;
- Develop relationships with Enrollment Management, Success Boston, Student Support Services, Pre-collegiate Programs, and other academic programs to facilitate the admission and success of program participants;
- Maintain communication with Global Programs, students, Undergraduate Admissions, and other relevant university units to ensure that students remain in compliance with visa requirements and I-20 immigration regulations;
- Assist the Assistant Director in recruiting, hiring, and coordinating program tutors;
- Coordinate the scheduling and logistics of faculty and staff meetings and workshops, in consultation with the Academic Coordinator;
- Administer and process tutor timesheets, meet with tutors on a weekly basis to assess student and tutor needs, prepare tutor training workshops, and ensure effective communication between faculty and tutors;
- Assist the Director in the management of the program budget to ensure compliance with accounting and procurement procedures;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of administrative experience focusing primarily on serving programs for multilingual or culturally diverse students;
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Access or other database program; required
- Proficiency with social media, learning management systems (LMS), and web conferencing platforms;
- Ability to handle and complete multiple programmatic tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of institutional stakeholders;
- Ability to manage student data effectively, following FERPA requirements, and to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism;
- Ability to respond to written, telephone, and direct walk-in inquiries;
- Ability to work and effectively cooperate in a team environment;
- Ability to maintain organized, accurate, and detailed student records, evaluations, and program reports;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong commitment to student success and customer service;
- Experience using PeopleSoft software, preferred;
- Experience speaking and writing in one or more languages other than English, preferred.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
This is an exempt position.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.