Office Assistant (part-time/temporary)
Job no: 509379
Work type: Staff Part Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Fine Arts Humanities & Soc Sci
Categories: Administrative & Office Support, Administrative/Office Support
General Summary of Position:
Under immediate supervision of the department chair, serves as initial office contact for students, faculty, staff, etc. Responsible for all budget inquiries and transactions, including transfers, deposits, reimbursements and general expenses. The principal emphasis is on performing office duties consistent with department practices, monitoring the needs of the department and keeping department chair updated on all relevant issues.
Examples of Work:
The following are typical examples of work:
- Monitors all finances for department
- Creates ePAF for all new adjunct and rehires
- Enters all travel and non-travel reimbursements for department faculty
- Prepares and distributes student evaluation packets each semester
- Collects and calculates scores of the collected student evaluations
- Places orders for all office supplies
- Holds the department Bankcard and submits Bankcard log as required
- Distributes all incoming and outgoing mail
- Makes room reservations for department events
- Orders food items for events
- Attends training sessions as required by department
- Performs general office duties – phone messages, emails, etc.
- Field and direct students to the appropriate advisor
- Assist in copying, scanning, and processing forms and teaching materials for faculty
- Facilitate Dean-Department interactions
- Assist in assembling tenure and promotion dossier for faculty
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- HS Diploma or GED/equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Requires knowledge of basic office practices and on-line systems, ability to understand accounting practices of the University
- Telephone etiquette, basic computer skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
Please include a resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process. Submission of a cover letter is optional.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.