Electronic Research Administration Business Analyst – Office of Research Administration
Job no: 511055
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Office Research Administration
Pay Grade: P18
Categories: Sponsored Programs, Grants and Contracts, Information Technology
General Summary of Position:
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) assists faculty and research staff in all aspects of procuring and managing external research funding. The Electronic Research Administration & Data Analytics unit’s Electronic Research Administration Business Analyst reports to the Assistant Director to assist with processes and procedures related to the collection and tracking of university research data.
This position will support the maintenance of ORA’s current electronic research administration and data management systems (e.g., PeopleSoft, Microsoft Power BI applications, Tableau, SAS, Microsoft Access and Sql Server) and the design and implementation of future state electronic research administration (eRA) systems which will support and measure research proposal and award management activity. Some opportunities for remote work available.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Support Current ORA Technology Systems:
- Support Assistant Director in the maintenance of current ORA data management related systems (SAS programs, ORA Access Database, Tableau Data Mart, ORA SQL Server, ORA PowerApps, etc).
- Serve as the point of contact in trouble-shooting issues and for providing training as needed.
2. Data Management:
- Collect, clean, combine and analyze research related data from multiple sources.
- Maintain and recommend data standardization processes.
- Streamline internal process to ensure data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure, and timely to support the mission and activities of the University.
3. System Implementation, Management & Training:
- Project Management: Assist in the development of future state eRA System requirements and development of project timelines and milestone/deliverable schedules. Directly involved in all meetings with internal and external stakeholders regarding eRA system design, build-out, testing, data conversion, go-live, and post-production support.
- Support the implementation process and management of the electronic research administration system for proposal and award administration.
- Support distributed implementation and management oversight of their respective modules at the direction of the Assistant Director.
- Provide training and trouble-shooting services for the eRA system, inclusive of working with central UML IT to triage, manage, and closeout support tickets submitted by ORA and department staff as well as faculty.
4. Manage Data Entry and Integrity for Award Setup, Modifications and Closeout:
- Oversee student workers
- Maintain business process documents
- Address complex transactions
- Administer Department IDs and PeopleSoft access for research administration and grant users.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive responsibility and related professional experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAS, SQL and relational databases
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas to lay audiences
- Demonstrated team performance delivering technology solutions with a service mindset approach
- Experience with Database Systems (PeopleSoft and Microsoft Access preferred)
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technological tools as they develop
- Demonstrated record of successful collaboration with partners across the organization
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, deadline and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Strong commitment to customer service
**Given the nature and responsibilities of the position, only U.S. persons (any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)) will be considered for this position
- Experience in a data analyst/reporting or business analyst role
- Knowledge of data management and data governance
- Experience with the business needs of research administration in a Higher Education setting a plus
- Strong interpersonal, and customer-service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with many different personalities and work styles
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P18.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend