Job no: 511142
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Computer Science
Pay Grade: P16
Categories: Laboratory & Research, Research
General Summary of Position:
The Research Scientist is to work closely with faculty, other research scientists, post-docs, graduate students and undergraduate students to carry out machine learning-based biomedical informatics research under the direction of the Principal Investigator(s). This position is contingent upon funding and is for a one-year period.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Must have a Ph. D. in Computer Science or closely related field, with a thesis in the area of machine learning-based biomedical informatics
- Must have 4 years’ experience during or after Ph.D. study in designing and conducting medical imaging/video analytics experiments with real-world biomedical imaging/video datasets
- Must also have experience in programming machine learning/deep learning algorithms and systems
- Machine learning, deep learning, image processing, multimedia computing, data analytics, programming language and compilers
- Should demonstrate a minimum of 3 publications in the field
- Familiarity of Linux platform, machine learning/deep learning programming platform (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow), and open-source software development (e.g., OpenCV)
- Familiarity of programming languages such as Python/Java/C/C++/Matlab, and LaTex tools
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, as well as within a team environment
- Prior grant writing experience desirable
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit position, Grade P16.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for one year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity, successful performance and the availability of funding.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and a cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.