Sponsored International Student Coordinator
Job no: 514595
Work type: Staff Part Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Grad & Professional Studies
Categories: Other Staff Positions, Student Affairs & Services, Administrative & Office Support, Academic Advising & Learning Resources, Administrative/Office Support
General Summary of Position:
The Sponsored International Student Coordinator will offer support to the academic departments and the ISSO by providing customer service, advising, prescreening, programing planning and coordination related to all sponsored international students enrolled at UMass Lowell in nonimmigrant visa classifications. This position will also serve as one of the ISSO liaisons with sponsoring agencies, embassies, and other institutions sponsoring international students at UMass Lowell.
The Sponsored Student Advisor position will:
- Support the development of academic Study Plans
- Monitor students’ compliance with the study plan. (Every semester, summer included)
- Support the completion of required paperwork requested by the Embassies or sponsoring agencies
- Monitor Compliance with Embassies or Scholarship rules
- Support ISSO and customer service efforts
- Serve as liaison with all departments: Undergrad advisors and Graduate Coordinators, ISSO, Registrar, Health Services, The Solution Center, Bursar’s Office, etc.
- First Contact for UG and GR student issues. Escalate to department where required.
- Manage the receipt of Kuwaiti Embassy and other sponsoring entities or agencies’ Release Forms that the ISSO will require going forward.
- Participate in regular meeting with al sponsoring agencies or embassies, including future campus visit
- Maintain and update data on all UML sponsored student population
- Support the organization and implementation of events and orientation sessions for all sponsored student population at UML
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree or enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program
- Minimum of one year customer service experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Cultural sensitivity to persons of all backgrounds and nationalities
- Preferred area of study: Global Studies, Education, Political Science
- Interest in working with international students in the higher education setting
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is a part-time/temporary, non-benefited, non-unit position.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.