Faculty Part-time – Leadership in Schooling Ed.D. Program (multiple positions)
Job no: 520703
Work type: Faculty Part Time/Adjunct
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: School of Education
Pay Grade: No Pay Grade
General Summary of Position:
The School of Education in the College of Fine Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences seeks applicants for various adjunct positions in its online Leadership in Schooling Ed.D. program for the 2023-24 academic year. Adjunct Professors (who teach 1-4 courses per year) will be assigned to teach classes through our Online division. Courses are offered year round in Fall, Spring, and Summer terms.
Successful candidates demonstrate leadership that centers diversity, equity, and inclusion and advocates for educational justice. The program currently offers a diverse array of courses that focus on equity leadership and critical improvement science and prepare students to conduct a culminating dissertation-in-practice.
For a more detailed description of the courses, please visit: https://gps.uml.edu/education/degrees/grad/online-education-doctor-leadership-schooling
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations. The School of Education seeks candidates who can contribute to that goal. We encourage you to apply and identify your strengths in this area.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Education or closely related discipline
- Formal or informal leadership experience in PK-12 school settings or PK-12 adjacent settings
- Deep understanding of race-based barriers and biases that contribute to persistent social and educational inequalities
- Knowledge of current equity leadership research literature, including research on culturally responsive school leadership
- Experience as an equity-oriented, culturally responsive school leader
- Familiarity of improvement science or other approaches to continuous school improvement
- Experience in special education, content-area literacies, ESL/bilingual education, or STEM education
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Prior experience with Blackboard or other LMS systems
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is a part-time, non-benefited, Union of Adjunct Faculty, Local 1596, UAW position.
Please include a CV, cover letter, teaching statement/philosophy, and evidence of teaching effectiveness with your application. Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend