About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Under the direction of the AE Business and Applications Analyst, performs and monitors business and accounting functions, processes and procedures for AE operations including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, CS (Conference Services), OneCard program, TOC Inc., and vending contract commissions.
- Administers the accounts payable accounting function for food and non-food invoices. Reviews, researches, and approves vendor invoices for payment. Review and confirm services contracts and BuyWays information, including vendor contracts to ensure invoice pricing is correct prior to payments. Administers the vendor credit function for AE Accounts Payable. Reconcile monthly vendor statements with paid invoices and Summit/PeopleSoft data.
- Administers the accounting functions for Conference Services and Catering Sales. Provides financial reports and payment recommendations to Sales Office and Conference Services. Works closely with Conference Services to reconcile larger events using PeopleSoft and Conference Software.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for conferences, reviews and advises on PeopleSoft financial records for cash receipts, recharges for events, and accounts receivable.
- Administers AE OneCard Credit Card program, reviews transactions ensuring all UMass system guidelines and policies are met, reallocate expenses as needed to new Speed Type and/or account code, manages credit card statements, uploads and get approvals for UPST in BuyWays.
- Prepares monthly sales report summaries, ad hoc financial reports, queries and analyses for management using a variety of reporting tools including PeopleSoft Finance, Sage Pro, Summit, BuyWays, Access, and Excel.
- Reports on accounts receivable aging. Tracks delinquent accounts and when needed works with State appointed collection Agency for outstanding balances.
- Reviews and improves business functions for efficiency, effectiveness and accountability; recommends and implements improvements.
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Associates’ degree (with a major in business administration, management, accounting or relevant field) or equivalent combination of education and training.
- At least three (3) years' of experience in business or accounting.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial reports, accounting data, accounts and other financial documents.
- Competency with spreadsheets, databases and Microsoft Office products.
- Contributes toward creating a positive and respectful workplace defined by personal and professional competence, integrity, and collaboration.
- Ability and aptitude to learn new systems.
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- High level of proficiency in written and oral communication.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, economics or related field.
- Supervision experience.
- Two (2) or more years' of relevant experience.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical Office Environment Activities.
- 8:30AM - 4:30PM; Monday through Friday.
- 37.5 hours per week.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please apply online and provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references. The search will remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.