About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
To provide support to the Stockbridge School of Agriculture in both the Academic and Administrative areas.
- Serve as primary contact for the Stockbridge School of Agriculture. Respond to inquiries and refer to appropriate personnel and departments as needed.
- Provide clerical support to academic programs.
- Prepare, receive, and distribute mail, memoranda, packages, etc.
- Assist with course and room scheduling. Access University systems and run queries as needed.
- Coordinate faculty course review processes.
- Assist and support department searches.
- Assist with event planning, execution, and implementation; including but not limited to Commencement, Destination Day, seminar series, and open house. Coordinate with committees, internal departments, external vendors, etc.
- Responsible for processing time and labor or assigned employees.
- Responsible for building access key requests, electronic door access, etc.
- Monitor and order supplies as needed. Process purchase orders.
- Monitor, edit and approve submissions to the Stockbridge School of Agriculture Career-Net web site.
- Responsible for apparel sales; including verifying PayPal payments, mailing packages, updating inventory, etc.
- Serve on department committees as needed.
- Functional supervision of students as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Work collaboratively and effectively to promote teamwork, diversity, equality, and inclusiveness.
- Work in partnership with colleagues within the CNS community and across the campus to support the Dean’s strategic priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the mission and goals of the College of Natural Sciences.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of general office practice and procedures.
- Working knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently preparing effective correspondence and reports, assess work priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively and work productively in establishing and maintaining harmonious working relationships with a diverse population of staff and students.
- Ability to organize and prioritize goals; ability to collaborate well to formulate plans and objectives in accordance with overall college goals; ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to set and meet deadlines while maintaining high standards of accuracy and quality in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work some weekends or evenings.
Monday – Friday; 10:00am – 2:00pm.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Along with your application, please submit resume and provide contact information for three (3) professional references.
As part of a commitment to their own multicultural community, CNS seeks an individual with a commitment to diversity and one who will understand and embrace university initiatives and aspirations. (http://www.cns.umass.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion)
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, ( or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.