Access Service Associate (part-time)
Job no: 521455
Work type: Staff Part Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Categories: Library, Administrative & Office Support
General Summary of Position:
The Part-time Access Services Associate will assist in the processing of Interlibrary Loan requests, retrieve and ship materials as requested through RAPID and ILLiad, receive and process incoming materials for use. This position will be scheduled for up to 18 hours during the following times: Monday 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, Tuesday 2 pm to 8 pm, and Wednesday, 2 pm to 8 pm. Occasional additional hours, especially during final exams, may also be required. In addition, the following federal holidays may be required: Labor Day, Indigenous People's Day, Veteran's Day, President's Day, Patriot's Day.
Reporting to the Access Services Department, the candidate will perform the following job duties:
1. Assist in the processing of materials: Process Interlibrary Loan requests with ILLiad software. Obtain copyright materials exceeding fair use guidelines using Reprintsdesk software or OCLC’s IFM payment system. Retrieve and ship materials as requested through RAPID and ILLiadReceive and process incoming materials for use.
2. Provide support for use of library materials for course work: Create and maintain reserves records in the online catalog. Register patrons for library privileges. Issue Boston Library Consortium Cards. Issue Walk In Interlibrary Loan borrowing cards. Maintain patron accounts.
3. Other duties: Communicate with other UML agencies such as UCAPS and Campus Security. Participate in shelf shifting projects. Assist in collection weeding activities. Other duties as assigned by Access Services Coordinator, Access Services Manager/Librarian, or Head of Access and Technical Services.
4. Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by: Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed. Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information. Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
We welcome applications from people who embrace lifelong learning and are passionate about providing meaningful and equitable access to information, resources, and services to a diverse and engaged community.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- High School Diploma or GED/equivalent, some college preferred
- Experience in library environment desirable
- Demonstrated experience with computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and data management systems
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is a part-time, temporary, non-unit, non-benefited position.
Please include a resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application. Submission of a cover letter is optional but is preferred.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.