Coordinator of Tutoring Services and Programs
Job no: 521533
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Center for Learning
Pay Grade: P16
Categories: Student Affairs & Services
General Summary of Position:
The Coordinator of Tutoring Services and Programs is part of the Centers for Learning Academic Support Services team. There are 5 areas of responsibility for this position; 1.) Coordinate the tutoring services for North Campus & Satellite Offerings within the Residence Halls; 2.) Coordinate the delivery and continuous development of the tutoring training and development for all peer tutors; 3.) Coordinate the CRLA accreditation review process; 4.) Provide assistance with outreach, support and success coaching for students during peak times of the semester; and 5). Collaborate as a member of the Academic Services Team in the delivery of academic support programing.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- A Master's degree in College Student Personnel/ Higher Education Administration/ Psychology or related field is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years academic support services in a developmental setting
- Experience is preferred with tutoring and academic support to facilitate student retention, success, and graduation
- General knowledge of the principles, practices, and trends in the area of tutoring and student success
- Work with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff
- Maintain confidential information
- Perform multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Strong background in training and supervision of students
- Proven ability to develop and implement new programs
- Flexibility and creative problem solving abilities
- Strong presentation skills
- Time management, planning, and organizational abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is an SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P16.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Posting updated 11/21/2023
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.