About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Supervise day to day activities within the Lockshop including door security staff.
1) Coordinate with contractors or other University trades employees for large projects including key system design, code selection and maintaining key system records
2) Administer the Software House C-Cure control software for user information and assign access rights as authorized by others.
3) Maintain inventory records, assign equipment to work orders, and maintain adequate stocking levels within the Lockshop.
4) Indirectly oversee tradesworkers that are populating Simple K data base
5) Print, sort and distribute work orders within the lockshop.
6) Provide supervision for key window and key production
7) Provide supervision for pinning of cores
8) Inspect completed work of locksmiths and other technical personnel to ensure compliance with established standards
9) Make recommendations to supervisors and managers concerning improvement of equipment
10) Confer with manager concerning assigned activities, exchange of information, and resolution of problems.
11) Provide on the job training and supervision to reporting staff.
12) Provide technical assistance and instruction to others concerning the campus key systems.
13) Operate motor vehicle to travel to work sites.
14) Practice and promote excellent customer service in the work place. Meets routinely with customers and customer service representatives to determine needs. Implements new approaches to promote and assure quality improvements and exhibits a clear commitment to diverse needs of customers.
15) Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Skill and knowledge of key systems design and administration
- Skill and knowledge of lock production functions including duplicating keys and setting cores
- Knowledge of electronic access control.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electronic and electro-mechanical locking hardware
- Skill and knowledge of computer software and job specific applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as building prints, hardware specifications and owner’s manuals
- Ability to supervise including planning and assigning work, determining subordinate training needs, and providing for or arranging that training
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Skill in oral, written and interpersonal communications.
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, precautions, and safety practices related to job function.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years of full time locksmith or access control administration experience including knowledge of the testing, maintenance and/or repair of mechanical, electronic or electro-mechanical door hardware.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Department of Public Safety Certificate of Clearance
- Current valid Massachusetts Class D Driver’s license.
Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Regular days off: Saturday & Sunday
This position includes the obligation to work overtime, and to return to work between scheduled shifts when directed.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.