Graduation Specialist (EDP Programmer II)
Job no: 497846
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Registrar's Office
Pay Grade: 16
Categories: Classified Staff Union (CSU), Registrar
The Graduation Specialist (2 available positions) is responsible for academic record maintenance, accuracy, and credit evaluation of all currently attending and previously attending students at the university. The incumbent will be responsible for evaluating undergraduate and graduate student records for graduation purposes; certifying graduation for students; identifying errors in student records and making corrections as appropriate; and processing both transfer and test credits.
Examples of Duties:
- Evaluate undergraduate and graduate student records for graduation purposes and certify graduation for students;
- Identify errors in student records using a discrepancy report and make corrections using proper coding in management systems including PeopleSoft and uAchieve;
- Process equivalency forms, exceptions, and waivers sent by academic departments in both PeopleSoft and uAchieve;
- Process test credits and transfer credits in PeopleSoft and Darwin;
- Advise students, faculty, and staff on university and major requirements and policies; provide academic policy guidance and interpretation to other university departments;
- Answer incoming calls to the Registrar’s Office from students, outside agencies, staff from other UMass campuses, employers, foreign nationals, embassies, and consular offices; redirect to other offices as necessary or update PeopleSoft with new information as applicable;
- Train staff members on how to navigate and update records and update transfer credits;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Incumbent must have at least two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in electronic data processing work required.
- Experience in higher education in a Registrar’s Office is preferred.
- Familiarity with student information systems, such as PeopleSoft and uAchieve preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with university academic policies, with ability to advise both students and other university staff on degree requirements;
- Knowledge of student records business processes, including FERPA, etc.;
- Understanding of the relationship between a student information system and any external systems to accurately analyze data and manage records;
- Ability to work independently and make decisions regarding student records;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and to take initiative;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional work references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Bi-Weekly Salary: $1,798.44.
Two positions are available.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend