Departmental Assistant - Athletic Facilities Coordinator Mt. Ida Campus
Job no: 500507
Work type: Hourly
Campus: UMass Amherst
Pay Grade: No Pay Grade
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
As an integral part of the UMass Athletics and Mt. Ida Campus staff, the Athletics Facilities Coordinator assists in the management of athletic facility operations with respect to the oversight and scheduling of all external rentals, equipment and maintenance operations of the athletic facilities at the UMass-Mt. Ida campus, located at 777 Dedham St., Newton, MA.
- Maintain communication with all external users as appropriate and necessary;
- Manage fulfillment of all contracts including invoice reconciliation;
- Manage the day-to-day scheduling of all athletic facility rentals, including related equipment and maintenance needs;
- Develop and implement emergency plans and procedures for external users of the athletic facilities;
- Serve as primary site supervisor for outside events including overseeing temporary event staff.
- Maintain and distribute event database and information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience with athletic event/facility management and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently, effectively, and independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
- Strong customer service with the ability to troubleshoot and handle pressure situations
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous Division I intercollegiate athletic experience in scheduling, and event/facility management preferred
Shifts vary; work week includes nights, weekends and holidays.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend