Mt. Ida Campus Assistant Director
Job no: 501147
Work type: Staff Part Time
Campus: UMass Amherst
Department: VC Admin & Finance Office
Pay Grade: 28
Categories: Administrative Professional, Accounting/Finance, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Manages operational activities of the campus including budget management, events management and other business operations. Maintains a confidential relationship with the Mt Ida Campus Director on sensitive campus policy, budgetary and personnel matters. Represents the Mt Ida Campus Director, where appropriate, on committees, task forces, and other administrative groups.
Develops, negotiates and implements rental strategies, both internal and external. Schedules and manages events for external rentals, community partners and others. Develops contracts for the use of space including residential accommodations. Coordinates, develops and executes successful strategies for all segments of facility use for events. Develops booking policies and procedures and manage rate increases/decreases.
Provides confidential support to the Mt Ida Campus Director on personnel and financial matters. Assists in developing policies and procedures for campus operations.
- Operates as a generalist to find and solve operational problems and find solutions to improve the campus.
- Manages administrative operations including Buyways, Travel and Procard. Directs related personnel and services to ensure all tasks are accomplished and completed. Responsible for continuous improvement of business and administrative practices and processes with automation and procedural enhancements.
- Works with the Mt Ida Campus Director to create business workflow system solutions for campus operations. Analyzes operational data to be used for decision making.
- Coordinate with key personnel in the absence of the Campus Director when necessary
- Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet department, executive area, and university goals and objectives.
- Performs related duties as assigned or required to meet Department, Executive Area/Division, and University goals and objectives.
- Understands responsibilities with respect to Title IX, Clery and other compliance requirements
- Understands responsibilities with respect to conflicts of interest and behaves in ways consistent both with law and with University policy.
- Contributes toward creating a positive and respectful workplace defined by personal and professional competence, integrity, and collaboration.
- Understands and contributes to implementation of departmental and institutional goals for achieving non-discrimination and creating a respectful, inclusive environment that is supportive of diversity.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years experience in event management, preferably in higher education
- Excellent customer service skills and relationship management
- Ability to manage in a complex environment
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to be a system oriented thinker
- Proven communication skills - written and verbal
- Skilled collaborator and team player
- Ability to pass a background check
Professional Salary Scale: https://www.umass.edu/humres/psu-salary-ranges
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references by June 24th, 2019 in order to ensure consideration; however, applications will be accepted until position has been filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend