Honors Advisor (part-time/non-benefited)
Job no: 501671
Work type: Staff Part Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Honors College
Categories: Academic Advising & Learning Resources, Honors College
General Summary of Position:
The UMass Lowell Honors College is seeking qualified applicants to join our growing team of student success professionals. An Honors College Academic Advisor will be responsible for evaluating students' academic progress; providing guidance in determining students' academic interests and objectives and helping students to locate and navigate the resources they need to successfully complete their degree programs.
- Provide comprehensive academic advisement to students in assigned degree programs
- Help assigned students to plan and map out their path to degree completion
- Monitor student progress in order to intervene, guide, and recommend solutions to academic difficulties
- Maintain current knowledge of courses/majors offered, prerequisites, general education and graduation requirements, university procedures, rules and regulations, and other student services
- Maintain student files
- Collect retention-related student data for periodic reports
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree required – Master’s degree preferred
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing
- Service oriented: Intrinsic desire to help others succeed in reaching their goals
- Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with students
- Experience with observing, receiving and otherwise obtaining information from relevant sources, and maintaining student records.
- Strong computer skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technology
- Motivation for delivering empathetic, compassionate, consistent, accurate, developmental, student-focused, appreciative, and honest advising
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary, part-time, non-benefited, non-unit position. 8 - 18 hours per/week (will vary with the size of assigned case load), 34 weeks/year
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend