Assistant Coach - Women's Lacrosse
Job no: 501685
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Athletic Programs
Pay Grade: No Pay Grade
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Coach of Women’s Lacrosse assists with the organization and supervision of all aspects of the Women’s Lacrosse team within the parameters designated by the university, the America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Assist with all aspects of student-athlete development and performance of the women’s intercollegiate lacrosse program, to include:
- Organizing, recruitment, and evaluation of student-athletes
- Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning
- Scouting of future opponents; breakdown of film
- Preparation and implementation of game strategies
- Breakdown and analysis of team and individual filmwork
- Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes
- Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes
- Coordinating team building events and exercises to promote a positive team culture
Assist with oversight of administrative functions within the women’s intercollegiate lacrosse program:
- Participating in conference and NCAA meetings
- Adhering to all conference and NCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of the intercollegiate lacrosse program
- Preparing information relevant to budgeting, equipment needs and program concerns
- Coordinating Prospect Days, Clinics and Overnight Recruiting Visits
- Assisting with team travel details
Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
- Organize departmental and program led fund-raising efforts
- Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions
- Serving in public relations capacities as needed
- Coordinating Social Media presence and initiatives
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Full compliance with all NCAA and conference rules and regulations is required. All employees must have a full understanding of applicable NCAA rules and participate in compliance workshops and meetings as requested. In the event there is reasonable cause to believe a violation has occurred, employees will report it in a timely manner to the director of athletics or his/her designee.
Other Job Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years successful experience in lacrosse coaching, recruiting and administration
- Strong organizational skills
- Collegiate lacrosse playing experience required; Division I level
- Experience in a collegiate setting
- Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare
- Commitment to ensure compliance with all NCAA and University rules and regulations
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend