Job no: 502378
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Amherst
Department: Dean of Students
Pay Grade: 11
Categories: Administrative & Office Support
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The position performs reception, clerical, and project work under the direction of the Clerk V and receives functional supervision from Dean of Students Office staff.
- Provides reception service for the Dean of Students Office: answer telephone, greet walk in visitors, screen and track student, faculty, staff, family and community member requests for services, concerns and inquiries to the appropriate staff member. Documents all inquiries, request for services and concerns into appropriate tracking systems.
- Provides routine clerical support to all staff in the office. Responds to meeting requests for Dean of Student Office staff, schedules meetings, reserve meeting/event space as directed, prepare information for meetings and presentations, typing of documents, drafting communications and assisting staff with projects. Responsible for managing incoming and outgoing faxes, and postal mail.
- Facilitates appropriate use of reception area to ensure an efficient and welcoming environment. Supervises 5-7 student staff performing clerical support to the Dean of Students Office staff. Supervision including searching, hiring, training and evaluating performance.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, equipment, and reception resources including educational materials and operation resources. Maintains directories of academic, student affairs and campus life, and student services areas.
- Serves as a backup for purchasing, pro-card reconciliation and travel reconciliation.
- Attends workshops, classes, or training sessions required to fulfill job duties and to advance skills and knowledge in areas such as computers, software programs, interpersonal communications and project management.
- Performs duties as assigned or required to meet department, Student Affairs and Campus Life and University goals and objectives.
- Two years of full time work experience in a high volume office on a college campus or similar work environment.
- Ability to organize, screen, and refer multiple and simultaneous requests, phone calls, and walk-ins with a minimal amount of supervision. Ability to quickly assess and evaluate problems and take appropriate follow-up action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and ability to establish and maintain good working relationships among co-workers in a muti-layered environment.
- Understanding and appreciation of the need for confidentiality and ability to work with confidential student records and exercise professional judgment under stressful circumstances.
- Working knowledge of and proficiency using computer databases, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge of the English language, both written and oral, including the ability to read, write, spell, use proper grammar and punctuation, comprehend word meaning and usage, communicate effectively in oral expression, and effectively follow and act on written and oral instruction
8:30 am -5:00 pm (37.5 hours per week)
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend