About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The Coordinator will coordinate outreach activities and online training development that support technology transfer efforts to transportation professionals.
- Supervise adult training events – these activities are often within Massachusetts and outside of the UMass Amherst campus.
- Coordinate the development of training projects and associated materials.
- Research appropriate technical information in response to inquiries and requests.
- Assist in the creation of marketing and promotional materials.
- Work with University faculty and other personnel, consultants, and grant sponsors to coordinate outreach projects.
- Maintain a network of transportation contacts.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports.
- Develop web-based training (on-line video) content.
- Understand and synthesize data to create infographics.
- Communicate with sponsors for approvals and overall coordination.
- Determine priorities and schedule outreach activities accordingly.
- Evaluate training effectiveness and report results.
- Monitor fees, billings, and invoices.
- Engage in activities that will help the Center grow.
- Update, expand, and maintain a customer database.
- Attend sponsor and other meetings.
- Operate a motor vehicle to travel to work sites.
- Make recommendations regarding future activities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Knowledge of adult education, instructional design methods, or other related field
- Proficiency with a variety of personal computer software, including but not limited to spreadsheets, word processing and database management
- Knowledge of online training development methods and tools, including but not limited to the use of recording technology and video editing software
- Ability to understand and synthesize data to create infographics
- Ability to travel within the Commonwealth and to host events is required
- Ability as a self-starter with proficiency to organize concurrent diverse activities with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to plan and schedule training projects
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, regional planning, education, or other related field of study is highly preferred
A valid driver’s license required.
Initial appointment period is 36 months. Continuation beyond 36 months is contingent on continuation of grant funding.
37.5 hours per week
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include your resume, cover letter and contact information of three professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.