Temporary Hire: Assistant Residential Supervisor - GRANT-FUNDED
Job no: 518032
Work type: Staff Full Time, Hourly
Categories: Other Staff Positions
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Assistant Residential Supervisor- GRANT-FUNDED
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Upward Bound
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS/SALARY: Temporary, non-benefited
SALARY: $18.75/hour plus free room and board
GRANT FUNDED: X
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Program Coordinator and Residential Supervisor
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To aid and support the Residential Supervisor in the administration of residential operations. Provide tutoring and supervise residential staff and a suite of students.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Residential Supervisor in the administration of the residential component
- Assist in the coordination of cross-curricular and recreational programming
- Teach study skills that assist students in preparation for postsecondary education
- Proactively organize programming to meet student’s emotional, social, behavioral, and developmental needs
- Monitor student compliance with program rules related to residential life
- Monitor and participate in daily meals
- Maintain awareness of whereabouts of students while on campus and on field trips
- Develop and maintain procedures for students to receive messages in a timely manner
- Assist in administering discipline to students for infractions of residence rules
- Maintain inventory of keys to residence hall rooms
- Conduct daily inspection of premises to identify and report maintenance and custodial needs
- Assist in development of Upward Bound Production
- On call for students needs during residential stay
- Organize and facilitate the storage, distribution and security of student medications
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred or College student, Junior or higher currently enrolled with a GPA of 2.7 or above.
OTHER: Ability to relate sensitively to the needs of an ethnically diverse body of students. This is a live-in position starting on June 15, 2023 – August 4, 2023.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience with campus residence as a student or staff of residence hall
- Experience working with high school student populations
- Ability to motivate students in recreational exercises
- Ability to organize and carry out administrative tasks in a dormitory setting
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Ability to represent a positive role model for students
- Experience managing staff, and building a positive team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of and experience in using positive approaches to behavioral management with high school aged students preferred
- Experience and knowledge of best practices for mentoring and tutoring preferred
- Experience engaging with urban high school aged youth preferred
UMass Dartmouth requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all faculty, staff, and students who wish to work, live, learn or physically come to campus. Read More.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend