Assistant Teaching Professor - Chemical Engineering
Job no: 505115
Work type: Faculty Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Chemical Engineering
General Summary of Position:
Responsibilities will consist primarily of teaching the undergraduate laboratory courses with opportunities to teach other undergraduate courses. In addition, opportunities may exist for developing new courses and teaching at the graduate level.
The successful candidate also would be involved in advising undergraduate students, service and outreach activities, and actively participating in continuing efforts to improve the department’s educational mission.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Experience in Industrial Practice
- Certifications & Professional Licensure (PE)
- PhD in Chemical Engineering
- Experience in teaching Undergraduate laboratory courses
- Experience in Course/Student assessments/effectiveness
- Relevant industrial experience
- A record of successful teaching at the college level
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. However, the positions may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a curriculum vitae, cover letter, teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching with your application. Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application. Submission of a sample course syllabus, teaching evaluations and sample of scholarly work/publication is optional.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend