Financial Aid Operations Analyst/ Packaging Specialist (GPS)
Job no: 505271
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Financial Aid
Pay Grade: P16
Categories: Financial Aid
General Summary of Position:
- Reviews, processes, and awards financial aid funds to students enrolled in Graduate, Online and Professional Studies (GPS) coursework in accordance with federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies. Manages the weekly financial aid packaging process to ensure accurate and timely awarding of financial aid funds. Identify areas of opportunities to improve efficiencies with processes and student services.
- Identifies and processes changes in student eligibility throughout award period, including enrollment changes, housing changes, subsequent ISIRs, additional aid, and verification changes.
- Assist with the system testing of the PeopleSoft Financial Aid system, including budgeting, packaging, and satisfactory academic progress programs. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of financial aid systems, including PeopleSoft, Salesforce, Campus Logic, and Document Imaging.
- Process tuition waiver awards and adjustments for financial aid recipients to ensure funds are properly recorded and coordinated with other aid.
- Conduct financial aid informational activities, such as Orientation, Open Houses and similar public speaking engagements on and off campus. Participate in university meetings, financial aid workshops and conferences in order to develop and remain current with local, regional and national financial aid policies and procedures. Assists other financial aid office staff in various tasks, such as overflow assistance. Participate in departmental policy decisions related to implementation of federal, state and institutional regulations, policies and procedures.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- An earned bachelor’s degree
- Three-five years of higher education financial aid experience
- Thorough knowledge of federal financial aid regulations
- Experience with awarding financial aid in modules
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Functional experience with an integrated Student Information Systems required; expertise with PeopleSoft Student Administration System preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Functional expertise with PeopleSoft Student Administration System
- Excellent interpersonal and public communications skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Understanding of technology to deliver student financial aid
- Embrace technology and appreciate how to use it to enhance service to students
- Individual exercises discretion and independent judgment
- Individual must be able to interpret complex federal regulations and apply them consistently and equitably on a daily basis
- Brings problems not of a routine nature to the attention of the manager
- Supervises 1 – 5 student employees
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills required
- Communications on a regular basis with other offices
- Coordinates information sessions with external agencies
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend