IT Project Manager
Job no: 506290
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: IT Application Services
Pay Grade: 33
Categories: Information Technology, Other Staff Positions, Professional Staff Union (PSU)
Reporting to the Director of the IT Project Management Office, the IT Project Manager is responsible for the development, management and oversight of all campus and\or multi-campus projects assigned by the Director. Working directly with project sponsors, key decision makers, information technology staff and other project related resources the IT Project Manager is responsible for the planning, execution and closing of major project initiatives.
It is expected that the IT Project Manager will manage up to 5-7 projects of various sizes and complexities simultaneously. The IT Project Manager will apply the UMass Boston IT Project Management Methodologies throughout each project’s lifecycle and serve as a general champion in promoting project management best practices, methods and techniques.
Examples of Duties:
- Manage and develop projects from the idea generation/feasibility stages through project implementation
- Perform initial feasibility study and requirements discovery prior to the formation of a project
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient communication with the project sponsor(s) and project team
- Ensure that project objectives, scope, cost, and expected deliverables of each project are understood and delivered
- Ensure the project team members understand and complete their specific role, responsibilities, and tasks
- Assemble and lead cross-functional project teams to effectively address project requirements according to the projects charter, schedule, and approved budget
- Responsible for developing project charters, schedules, and budgets for approval, oversight, and delivery
- Document and maintain project work plans, meetings, decisions, change orders, deliverables, progress reports, schedules and other project artifacts
- Facilitate communication of project status, budget, costs, issues, and related information to project team leader(s), project sponsor(s), steering committee(s), affected business unit(s), and project team members
- Perform project closeout review to ensure projects meet expectations and identify areas for improvement
- Assist project sponsors in the development of project scope and objectives, cost, and timeline
- Actively supports the University’s initiatives for Diversity and Social Justice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline
- Formal training in Project Management techniques and practices is required.
- One to two years of demonstrated professional project management experience
- General knowledge of management information systems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially in a team environment required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with staff, clients, and vendor staff.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend