Job no: 504398
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Specialist will provide support and customer service to the University on all matters relating to the purchasing of goods, equipment and services and also manage the day to day supplier relationship that covers a wide variety of simple and complex requirements of products and or services.
The Procurement Specialist is required to provide support to the University community through knowledge and use of best practices while ensuring compliance to the University and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Policies, Laws and Regulations.
- Provide guidance to the user community to properly procure goods and services within existing UPST and University policies as well as Commonwealth of Massachusetts laws and regulations.
- Support users throughout the University with the purchasing process. Provide valuable customer support while delivering a positive user experience.
- Review and approve requisitions placed by the user community. All requisitions must be reviewed to ensure that they comply with University policies prior to approval.
- Identify areas of improvement within current processes and be accountable for identifying and implementing changes to improve and/or streamline current processes.
- Provide guidance and influence through the University user community regarding available contracts including University, Commonwealth of Massachusetts and approved consortium agreements for best cost, quality, service and terms.
- Review and analyze periodic usage reports at a department or campus level to identify concerns and highlight areas to solicit bids, negotiate and contract to the benefit of all University purchasers.
- Maintain a system for tracking purchased equipment and monitor open purchase orders and encumbrances that will require action by the department to address.
- Assist with the monthly reconciliation of expenditures.
- Assist in maintenance of job aids and other training material to supplement the Help Desk training to ensure that system users can perform department level purchasing in the BuyWays system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 2 years of purchasing related experience
- Experience working in an institution of higher education
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts MCPPO Certification
- Typical office environment.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office.
Salary Range up to $60,000.00
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend