OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Admissions CRM System Analyst
DIVISION: Enrollment Management
DEPARTMENT: Admissions Office
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 14
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions
SUPERVISES: Provides functional oversight to office personnel related to data integrity issues.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for managing the operational infrastructure of the Undergraduate Office of Admissions. Utilizes computing and information systems, and successfully implements systems, programs, practices, services, and workflows integral to timely processing and business analysis of undergraduate student application data from initial submission through determination and matriculation. The primary responsibility will be leveraging the capabilities of new, modern admissions systems and technologies to improve efficiency and facilitate collaboration; and reviewing and selecting undergraduate applicants (First-year, Transfer, and International). Coordinates activities surrounding maintenance and operation of student information system and maintains appropriate mechanisms for ensuring data security. Serves as departmental data custodian and will liaise with the Common Application, UITS, and Institutional Research & Assessment as well as a variety of offices on campus in order to help the university meet its enrollment goals.
Follow the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Director, manages all activities related to admissions operations to ensure data integrity and timely processing of all applications and supporting documents
- Leverages systems to improve operations processing and activities related to constituent interactions
- Utilizes computing and information systems to proactively identify operational challenges and recommend appropriate changes/solutions to improve systems, practices, and personnel. Collaborates with other offices, UMass System, and associated stakeholders to execute system implementations, upgrades, and testing
- Serves as a primary contact and subject-matter expert for university personnel regarding admissions processing, reporting, and databases. Collaborates with numerous units regarding databases, reporting, batch runs, logic requests, system modifications, testing, systems development, and design
- Troubleshoots routine and emergency system issues. Collaborates with associated stakeholders to identify root causes and facilitates communication with staff and stakeholders
- Provides training for employees as it relates to operational work. Audits and reviews work for completeness and accuracy
- Actively participates in all admissions service’s unit responsibilities, including work routinely performed by reporting staff. Performs duties as needed during times of high work volumes and/or employee absences, or other special circumstances
- Ensures accuracy of inquiry records and oversees timely and accurate correction of suspense files
- Prepares and maintains admissions services procedure manuals. Organizes and implements backup systems
- Delegates related work to staff to ensure completion in a timely manner
- Serves as the department lead professional on all matters pertaining to technology, including, admissions web page, Peoplesoft, Summit, CRM, and document imaging as well as serving as data custodian, representing the department on system upgrades or modifications both on-campus and at central location, providing training to department staff, coordinating student information system maintenance and operations, overseeing data security issues, etc.
- Prepares and distributes admissions statistical reports to campus administrative constituencies
- Ensures optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests related to admissions for service and information
- Supports an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles
- Builds effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the university by sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned and/or the job description changed periodically to reflect changing organizational needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated (over three years) experience in higher education enrollment management, large corporation business management or analytics, or similar role with a strong operational and/or technical component, and project management experience.
OTHER: Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Compensation for any work over the 37.5 hours will be compensated via the ESU bargaining unit contract.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to critically read and analyze applications for admission required
- Strong strategic thinking skills, strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated good judgment and discretion
- Ability to understand and communicate university policies and procedures
- Ability to train staff
- Ability to use computer database for admissions
- Master’s degree in data science, information technology, programming, or related field
- Work experience in activities that involve contacts with college-bound students and the public
- Experience with Slate, Peoplesoft, SIS, Summit, Helio, Common Application, Coalition Application, Salesforce and other related technologies
- Previous experience with admissions data analysis
Salary for ESU: Salary ESU
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits such as:
75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Long Term Disability
State Pension Retirement Plan
Optional Retirement Savings Plans
Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
Twelve (12) paid holidays.
Paid personal, vacation, and sick time.
Benefits for ESU Union: ESU
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for internal applicants is 12/4/2023.
The review of applications will begin 12/5/2023 and will be ongoing.