OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Talent Acquisition Manager
DIVISION: Human Resources
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Vice Chancellor for Human Resources
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: Non-Unit
SUPERVISES: Exercises functional supervision of staff as needed
EEO STATUS: 3.1
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for leading the recruitment and selection process for the University. This role involves developing and implementing effective talent acquisition strategies, promoting inclusive hiring practices, and ensuring compliance with university policies and procedures. The incumbent will also collaborate with college Deans and divisional Vice Chancellors to align recruitment strategies with the needs of the campus community. The Talent Acquisition Manager is expected to have access to and provide input regarding recruitment and selection proposals for all collective bargaining agreements prior to their submission to the unions. As such, the incumbent is a confidential employee as defined in M.G. L. Chapter 150E, Section 1. The incumbent performs research and prepares correspondence for all aspects of recruitment and selection, including requests for information and research for grievance responses.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with HR Business Partners, determine staffing needs and develop recruitment strategies to attract high caliber job applicants.
- Manage the administrative functions of the recruitment process, including advertising, screening applications, conducting background checks, and maintaining the applicant database.
- Promotes recruitment best practices including recruitment compliance, inclusive hiring practices and diversity outreach efforts.
- Utilize technology platforms such as social media and applicant databases to source potential job candidates
- Attend and host job fairs to promote the University and attract potential candidate.
- Performs functional supervision over HR team members involved in Talent Acquisition, Recruitment and Selection Activities to ensure cohesiveness, consistency and efficient workflow.
- Oversee the position management process, ensuring accurate accounting of all positions.
- Maintain and update the Applicant Tracking System to ensure accurate accounting of all requisitions and applicant statuses.
- Conduct research on recruitment industry trends and best practices, making recommendations for improvements as necessary.
- Conduct training sessions related to the recruitment and hiring process for the campus community.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the preparation and/or revision of position descriptions/job vacancy announcements.
- Generate reports from the Applicant Tracking System to assist with the creation of the Annual Affirmative Action Plan.
- Participates with HR Business Partners in strategic hiring meetings with the deans, based on the results of the Annual Affirmative Action plan.
- Collaborate with college Deans and divisional Vice Chancellors to align recruitment strategies with the needs of the campus community.
- Performs data entry such as Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAFs) and other entries into HRIS systems to maintain accurate employment records.
- Utilizes Case Management system and responds to inquiries in a timely manner. Updates cases as appropriate.
- Performs follow-up with employees to obtain appointment letters and other relevant paperwork.
- In coordination with Employee Experience Specialist, performs duties related to international employees such as VISA paperwork, taxation systems and export control.
- In coordination with Employee Experience Specialist, performs duties related to Apartment Rental process which includes working with OHRL to identify available apartments, issuing of lease agreement, collecting payroll rental deduction forms, arranging key pick up, maintaining lists and conducting background checks on all individuals living on campus.
- In coordination with Employee Experience Specialist, maintains accurate list of administrators who are subject to State Ethics Commission’s Statement of Financial Interest disclosure and notify impacted employees in a timely manner.
- In coordination with Employee Experience Specialist, performs reconciliation of background check and advertising expenses to ensure chargebacks are processed and accounts are current.
- Assists in the coordination, planning and conducting of New Employee and New Faculty Orientations and other employee events.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentiality in handling sensitive employee information.
- Files employee paperwork in personnel files in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs cross training and back-up duties for Employee Experience Specialist and assists with onboarding duties during peak times.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of full-time or equivalent part-time, experience in Human Resources or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Ability to supervise, give direction, and manage projects.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures.
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain complex documents such as policy and procedure manuals, federal and state laws, collective bargaining agreements, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- PHR or SPHR certificate
- Previous experience with talent acquisition
- Previous experience in an institution of higher education
- Previous experience in a public institution or similar complex organization
- Work generally performed in an office.
- Frequent work performed with other people.
- Frequent interactions with staff and Coordinators.
- Must be able to communicate in English (speaking, writing and reading) at a level to effectively perform the essential functions of the Employment Manager position.
- Frequent work at a rapid pace.
Physical Activity / Frequency
Climbing Stairs: Occasional
Near Vision: Constant
Far Vision: Constant
Lifting/Carrying (20 lbs.): Occasional
Frequency Key (hours per day): Never = 0 hours; Rare = up to 1 hour; Occasional = 1 to 3 hours; Frequent = 3 to 6 hours; Constant = 6 to 7½ h ours.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Standard office machines and equipment
- Personal Computer
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits such as:
75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Long Term Disability
State Pension Retirement Plan
Optional Retirement Savings Plans
Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
Twelve (12) paid holidays.
Paid personal, vacation, and sick time.
Benefits for Non-Unit Professional: Non-Unit Professional
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $83,000 to commensurate with credentials and experience.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for external applications is December 1, 2023, and the review of applications will begin on December 2, 2023.