OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Executive Office Director
DIVISION: University Advancement
DEPARTMENT: University Advancement
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: Non-Unit
EEO STATUS: 31
JOB CODE: 0430
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice Chancellor of University Advancement
SUPERVISES: May provide direction and indirect supervision to other professional staff as required to implement their duties as directed by the Vice Chancellor.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Executive Office Director undertakes a wide range of complex managerial, organizational, administrative, and professional duties to ensure the successful operation of the Vice Chancellor and the offices within the division of University Advancement. The incumbent plays a leadership role in developing and implementing policies and procedures for the day-today management of the offices. Participates, as required in executive decision- making, including labor relations/collective bargaining issues, and fiscal matters of the Division of University Advancement. The incumbent has oversight responsibility for information flow, work flow, staff training and communication, as well as primary responsibility for ensuring the Vice Chancellor of University Advancement and their role as the Executive Director, is well briefed and prepared for scheduled meetings, events, and routine executive functions. Exceptionally high degrees of confidentiality and discretion are required in this position. As such, the incumbent is a confidential employee as defined in M.G.L. Chapter 150E, Section 1.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Vice Chancellor's Office, including reporting and account reconciliation for budgets under the control of the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement
- Oversees the overall financial data of the division; reviews, audits, and prepares budget analysis and makes budget recommendations
- Acts as initial interface for the Vice Chancellor with the campus, constituencies, prospective donors, donors, general public, Chancellor’s Office, President's Office, Trustees, legislators and community leaders. May serve in the absence of the Vice Chancellor as requested for meetings or events
- Manages and supervises the Vice Chancellor's schedule, meeting preparation, travel, and expenses
- Assists in and facilitates the preparation and professional presentation of materials authored and "published" by the Division of University Advancement: letters, reports, statistical data and narratives, manuals, internal and external analyses and accompanying documentation. Prepares desktop published materials (based on significant knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite)
- Takes on special projects and assignments for the Vice Chancellor that require direction of other staff and input from various members of the senior leadership team
- Oversight of timely, effective, and efficient workflow processes
- Oversees all time and attendance reporting functions including processing release time requests, managing staff vacation schedules, obtaining the Chancellor's approval, and providing supporting documentation
- Assists with documenting personnel matters and other confidential information
- Serves as the primary interface with the rest of campus for University Advancement for all property and ordering including furniture, printing and copying services, and technological devices
- Develops and ensures the preparation of timely and appropriate briefing materials for the Vice Chancellor’s Office
- Drafts correspondence and other documents as required for the Vice Chancellor’s Office
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned and/or the job description changed periodically to reflect changing organization needs
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or an equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE: Significant experience (over five years) in the area of office management, advancement information systems, and procedures related to accounting practices and data management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Advanced computer skills required including at least 3-5 years of experience with computerized advancement systems
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Substantial knowledge of general office practices, procedures, technologies
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of subordinates performing a variety of functions
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to establish harmonious relationships with other employees, students, and the public
- Excellent project management skills
- High level of knowledge of accounting procedures and operations
- High level of knowledge in the area of fundraising and advancement information systems and procedures related to advancement management
- Work primarily performed in an office
- Frequent work performed with other people
- Frequent interactions with staff and managers
- Must be able to communicate in English (speaking, writing and reading) at a level to effectively perform the essential functions of the position
- Frequent work at a rapid pace
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits such as:
75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Long Term Disability
State Pension Retirement Plan
Optional Retirement Savings Plans
Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
Twelve (12) paid holidays
Paid personal, vacation, and sick time
Benefits for Non-Unit Professional: Non-Unit Professional
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
UMass Dartmouth requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all faculty, staff, and students who wish to work, live, learn or physically come to campus. Read More.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The review of applications will be ongoing.